Skip Links
Members Login

How Do I Report A Concern?

If you suspect that a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed then you should report it immediately.

You will need to contact Rochdale Children's Social Care or the Police. Click here  for the contact details.

Call 999 and speak to the police if you suspect a child or young person is at immediate risk of harm.

All calls are treated seriously. You will be asked where the child lives and who looks after the child. 

If it is found that a child is being abused or is at risk of significant harm professionals will work together with the family to ensure that the child can be protected.

If you are in any doubt about reporting your concerns don't think 'What if I'm wrong?', think 'What if I'm right?'.

Remember - Safeguarding is Everyone's Business!


Let us know what you think

RBSCP are keen to hear your views on this website.

 Click here to tell us what you think.


Sign up for email updates

Keep up to date with Safeguarding Children developments and the work of RBSCP by signing up for email alerts.

If you would like to unsubscribe from updates you can do so at any time by sending an email to

Enter your email address
Safeguarding Adults Click here to access the Safeguarding Adults Board